- Lightly fill the portafilter basket to the top
- Use your finger to gently even out the grounds
- Lightly press the tamper into the grounds and find a good center point
- Evenly apply approximately 30 lbs of pressure to the grounds
- Tap the side of the portafilter to reveal loose grounds
- Lightly tamp these loose grounds into place
- Sit back and enjoy one of the coolest looking effects in espresso extraction
If you haven't seen the coloration that comes out of a bottomless portafilter, you are really missing out. This unique way to extract shots with the 58mm Bottomless Portafilter for Profitec / Rocket / ECM and E61 models offers a great view into the process as rich hues of brown come waterfalling out from underneath your brewhead unit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.